Tuesday 8 August 2017

Utinni!

 
Good morning!  Continuing with the Star Wars theme today, here is another card I made for my daughter to give my son.  When I had the idea to make a Jawa card I originally intended to use brown and black cardstock until I spotted some hessian amongst the papers on my desk.  I died the hessian a  darker brown using Distress Inks and water.  It actually dried lighter than I wanted it but I didn't have time to dye it further, which was a shame. 
I used black cardstock for the base and some amber gems for the Jawa's sparkling eyes under the drape of the hood.
 I used some scraps of twine and ribbons I've saved from clothing labels to make the straps across the body.
 I thought 'Utinni!', the Jawa's iconic phrase, could be a twist on 'You're turning', to make the phrase, 'You're turning thirteen!'  My kids got it instantly anyway, so that was good!  I used Webster's pages stickers for the phrase and added random dots of white and brown gel pens to give a sand effect around the edges of the card.
 I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jane - whilst I don't get the "Star Wars" thing - I flippin love this !!!!! Always inspiring to look at your cards - Tina xx

Candy said...

Jane the card is AMAZING!!!

Hugs, Candy

Debra K. said...

Fantastic!! Debra x