Monday 27 February 2017

Ribbon Girl DT - Altered Chocolate Box

 Good morning!  I have an altered chocolate box to share with you today that I have decorated using lots of gorgeous products from The Ribbon Girl.  I have decorated it for my daughter so that she can keep little bits and pieces in it in her room.  I began by covering the base of the box with some pretty pink paper.  I inked the edges of the paper with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I also covered the bottom of the box with the same paper.  Luckily these boxes are the same shape oval as one of my Spellbinder dies, making covering the bottom and the lid incredibly easy!
 I left the sides of the lid black to accentuate the pretty 25mm Deborah ivory fine cluny lace that I have wrapped around it.
The ribbon loop on the top of the lid is actually the original loop but you can get pink satin ribbon from The Ribbon Girl if you wanted to create something similar.
After covering the top of the lid with the same paper I added a string of pearls around the lip of the lid and added lots of pretty flowers.  Some pretty little Forget-me-not fabric flowers and some apple blossoms.

 To complete the box I wrapped a piece of Lilac tulle around the sides threaded through a pearl ribbon slide.

 I hope you like it and thanks for looking!


1 comment:

Candy said...

Jane this is gorgeous! Your daughter is going to LOVE it!!
Hugs, Candy